Artificial Intelligence – impacts on society
What is changing?
- Advances in the sheer power of computers will lead to artificial intelligence that becomes progressively smarter.
- Virtual connectivity will enable integration of relevant computing resources to provide users with integrated and seamless services.
- Cloud services will interpret aggregated datasets against patterns to anticipate tasks, activities, and events.
- Developments in cloud services will transition computing from a physical experience to a virtual one available to any user via a simple device operating on ubiquitous networks with seamless connectivity.
- Big Data pattern analysis will take place in the background.
- Big Data will provide context-awareness capabilities.
- Developments in cloud computing will transition computing from a physical experience to a virtual one available to any user via a simple device operating on ubiquitous networks with seamless connectivity.
- Boundaries between applications and services will be blurred to a high degree.
- Every item in will be equipped with a computing and communication core.
- Smart sensors, surveillance cameras, and eavesdropping devices integrated with identity recognition systems will allow law enforcement to track and capture or quarantine individuals who might otherwise cause harm to others in society.
- Users will be able to integrate physical world data and the logical world data to draw conclusions.
- To avoid overwhelming users with choices from the infinite combination of vehicle technologies, vehicle templates and capability modules will be evolved within the gaming environments.
- Organizations with mature security operations functions will often share intelligence, techniques, and process with one another.
- Advancements in the business intelligence field will provide tools that will help retailers better understand consumer behavior by examining behavioral patterns and overall trends.
- Predictive analysis and real-time access to artificial intelligence and tasking in the field will be available on modern mobile devices.
- Societies will face challenges in realizing technologies that benefit humanity instead of destroying and intruding on the human rights of privacy and freedom of access to information.
- Surging capabilities of robots and artificial intelligence will see a range of current jobs supplanted.
- Professional roles such as doctors, lawyers and accountants could be replaced by artificial intelligence by the year 2025.
- Low-skill workers will reallocate to tasks that are non-susceptible to computerization.
- All the risks will arise out of human activity from certain technological development in this technology, synthetic biology, nano techno and artificial intelligence.
- There will be big winners and losers as collaborative technologies, robots and artificial intelligence transform the nature of work.
- Data expertise is at least as important and will become exponentially more important.
- The role of a senior manager in a deeply data-driven world is going to shift.
- Information hoarders will slow the pace of their organizations and forsake the power of artificial intelligence while competitors exploit it.
- Judgments about consumers and potential consumers will be made instantaneously.
- Many organisations will put cybersecurity on par with other intelligence and defense priorities.
- Open source information and artificial intelligence collection will provide opportunities for global technological parity.
- In the future, predictive analytics and artificial intelligence could play an even more fundamental role in content creation.
To find the sources and more resources on Shaping Tomorrow about the future of intelligence some of which were used in this Trend Alert. View Intelligence report.
Also, click here to find out how Shaping Tomorrow can help your organization rapidly assess and respond to these and other key issues affecting your business.